Tuesday, December 2, 2008

uber-chic North Carolina wedding













Christine of pretty.pretty.paper (one of my personal favorite design/style blogs) was kind enough to sneak me the photos from her October wedding.

Here are the details she gave me:

dress - monique lhuillier from ultimate bride in chicago (back when i was living in an actual city)
shrug - again monique lhuillier but i had to BEG for it. i saw it in a magazine and spent about two weeks convincing the lady at ultimate bride that i really was interested in this and yes there was a good chance i would buy it if she could get it for me. she got it and then so did i ").
veil and hair piece were from leah c. i was originally opposed to a veil but while we were chatting she convinced me to go with the birdcage and i was very happy.

mas wore a tux by john varvatos and some really killer grey patent leather boots (which you can barely see and we are a bit peeved at the photographer for being so blind to mas ... didn't notice it on the day though so i am thinking he is holding back some images). we got his tux the week before the wedding and the poor kid was running around asheville the day of for a bow tie.

diy - well there was a lot on the list before the wedding that my mom and i were going to work on, but in the end it came down to the menus and the cakes (michael and i made the chocolate and then had family friends make the italian ceam, coconut, and carrot). our cake toppers were a disgrace so we didn't put them out ... i failed miserably at sourcing the sticks to make table numbers ... we completely forgot about the photo booth ... and well i think you might get the picture by now. we didn't have a whole lot of extras though. the menus were the only take homes for the guests (well that and all the left over liquor that went to our friends, we had to buy it ourselves and my parents don't drink so it would have been wasted on them).

i don't have a way with flowers and my mom was kinda keen on them so we had a most lovely florist (the bloom room) who agreed to keep the blooms to a minimum and used a lot of edibles and sticks instead.

our brothers officiated the ceremony - we each have one brother and no sisters and since there was no bridal party we wanted them to somehow be included. also i have three cousins that are very near and dear who walked frances down the aisle.

Christine, I hope you'll forgive me for cutting and pasting your email straight into this post. I'm grinning ear-to-ear because you sound so much like me. A hair obsessive about bride/groom style and just enough laissez-faire on the rest.... Except of course for the letterpress menus, which kick some serious ass. (Update: the menus part two.)

I'm loving the trend of home-town weddings with city style. This one is a smash hit. Obviously.

p.s. The boots rock.

Photos by Parker J Pfister

23 comments:

  1. Oh... I die. I am dead. Bury me now. Now I decay. My god woman - that's AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy. Amazing. I never dreamed about weddings until I got married...now I want to do it a million times to get to have a million gorgeous weddings like this one!! SWOOOOOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine-

    What a fun wedding! Your choices made it personal and unique! And I love that shrug! :)

    Martha B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh Christine's wedding! Of course! SO BAD ASS. So Awesome. So glad you sneak peeked it. Love. I was so hoping the shrug was etsy though, and that I could save up for one like it. Sighhhhh....

    And CHRISTINE, when are we seeing the full details of the menus? Because it's KILLING ME INSIDE. Me, insides=crushed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is freaking amazing!!! Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that amazing shrug. i must have one. can you please tell me what that shrug is called so i can convince the shop to order me one as well. thanks in advance.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her outfit. Gown. Shrug. Birdcage veil.

    So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have now decided to wear feathers on my head every day. EVERY DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay i LOVE fancy parties in rustic settings! it makes it so much more interesting, right? Such a cool wedding and christine looks so rad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My heart is a little piddle at my feet. Or maybe I just wet myself because that was so stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the shrug, the dog, and the name francis, love the tent, and reception lanterns...

    I love everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my...this is so stunning...swoon..xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the shrug, the photos, the sentiment, the uniqueness, and the obvious PERSONALITY here. Yay for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really a nice wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautiful wedding photograph

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nobody has ever asked about the awesome tent? I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh, dear, you just gave me the 'I want to get married' ache. If only to wear the dress. Beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it all, but would love to have one of the feather shrugs. Can you please tell me where I can get one. I have only been able to find the ostrich ones and yours has the special glam look I need.

    ReplyDelete